Catecholamine Analysis Methods
Please use the information below to decide which application will best fit your individual needs. Or you can always contact us for help.
1. Determine your sample type:
- Blood, plasma, or urine – Use the application for plasma shown here.
- Tissue Homogenate – Use the application for tissue homogenates shown here.
- Microdialysis – Follow the steps below.
- Others – We require more information, contact us
2. Determine which compounds you are interested in analyzing from microdialysis samples; norepinephrine (NE, noradrenaline), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), MHPG, L-DOPA, DOPAC, NM, HVA, and/or 5-HIAA.
Then determine which compounds you can compromise. Is the detection of both neurotransmitters and metabolites necessary? Additional detection of metabolites can cause decreased accuracy of neurotransmitters at lower concentrations or increase the analysis time. If you require detection of all or most of the previously listed compounds, contact us. This application is available but not yet published on this website.
3. If you are interested in the detection of MHPG and NE, please contact us. This application is available but not yet published on this website.
4. Find the best application for your microdialysis samples from the table below. We list the analytical applications and corresponding neurotransmitter detection limits below.
|15 min||Antioxidants can interfere with the signal. Microdialysis-HPLC online analysis recommended.|
|20 min||DA, 5-HT will appear on the chromatogram but have a broad peak shape.|
|20 min||Different mobile phase from the NE with CA-5ODS.|
N/A: the peak is not available
N/R: the peak may appear but not recommended
For more detail about the CA-5ODS, please contact us