Eicom Microdialysis Tubing
- Pre-attached, flexible Byton connectors make it easy to connect to microdialysis probes, needles, and other pieces of Teflon® Tubing. Unlike traditional microdialysis connectors, no alcohol soak is required prior to attaching/detaching tubing. Byton connectors are easily replaced.
- Each end is reinforced with stainless steel sleeve making it easy to handle. The tubing passes through the sleeve so that sample never touches the metal.
- Virtually any length is available.
- Chemically clean. The absence of any ghost peaks has been confirmed for each Eicom analytical application.
- For large molecule microdialysis (AtmosLM)
- Inside diameter: 0.25 mm
- 50 µl/m internal volume
Microdialysis Tubing Cleaning Instructions
Microdialysis tubing can be reused many times if it is properly cleaned between uses. Otherwise, bacterial contamination of microdialysis tubing, swivels, or fraction collector needles can degrade many analytes, especially acetylcholine and amino acids.
- After completing sampling, bypass the microdialysis probe.
- Load a disposable syringe with chlorine bleach diluted 50 to 100x with purified water. Remove the perfusate syringe and attach the bleach syringe, then push bleach solution through the tubing, liquid swivel, and fraction collector needles (if used). Leave the bleach in place for at least 15 min. To remove bacteria from the outside of the fraction collector needles, dip the exposed part of the PEEK needle in a diluted bleach solution.
- Disconnect all tubing and flush each individual piece of tubing with water several times. The fraction collector needles should each be flushed with water several times as well.
NOTE: There are detergents in household bleach that can interfere with HPLC analysis, so thorough rinsing is essential.
Ethanol can damage the needles used in the FC-90 fraction collector
Copyright © 2020 Amuza Inc. All Rights Reserved.